Must I mention that as of June 21, the days are getting shorter? So grab a slice of summer while it lasts — just don’t forget about SPF!
Week of June 19-25: Everything you ever wanted to know about sunscreen but were afraid to ask; the scourge of feral pigs; breastfeeding as a weapon against childhood obesity; Great Lakes shipwreck diving; Michigan’s rural airports on the chopping block; and win a trip to the top of the Mighty Mac. Your breakfast links are spicy hot!
- Explaining sunscreen and the new rules (NYT)
- 5 Food & Nutrition Words I Want to See Less (Nutrition Unplugged)
- Want to Prevent Obesity in the Littlest Kids? Breastfeed! (WSJ)
- Food allergies may affect nearly 6 million children in U.S., study estimates (LA Times)
- Michigan lawmakers grapple with wild pig problem (AP)
- Natural gas exploration slows down in Michigan (Detroit News)
- Deficit fight threatens rural airport service (News)
- Highland Park plans to demolish more than 300 abandoned and neglected structures (Freep)
- Hope thrives in Pontiac despite troubles (News)
- Michigan’s Great Lakes offer ‘the best shipwreck diving in the world’ (Grand Rapids Press)
- Contest Corner: Top of the Mackinac Bridge (Great Lakes Gazette)
- The Rise of the Cycling City (Rapid Growth)
- I get a campsite, you get Pure Michigan NASCAR and everybody’s happy (Mitten State)
- What To Take On A Picnic (Big Binder)
Photo by wishymom.