6 Tips for Understanding Portion Control
Keep These Tips in Mind
- Your finger tip is the size of about 1 teaspoon
- Fist = 1 cup or 1 medium whole fruit
- Thumb = 1 ounce of cheese
- Thumb = 1 Tablespoon
- A woman’s palm (minus fingers) = 3 ounces of cooked meat or fish
- Cupped hand = 1-2 ounces of nuts or pretzels
Here are some great visuals for portion sizes using common household items.
Are You Distorted?
Enlarged porton sizes at restaurants and fast food chains is hurting Americans. Obesity is a national epidemic and these extremely large portions are not helping.
So, take these fun quizzes to see if your portions are distorted:
What helps you stay true to healthy portions? Share it with me below.
Photo credit: Scrunchleface